Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | MoreIn Episode 28 Mike Foor, a real estate broker of 30 years, talks about what baby boomers need to know when it comes to buying, selling and tapping the equity in their homes. Mike has been involved in hundreds of millions of dollars in real estate sales. He has also spent years practicing real estate law and was in a high level management position with a financial institution. Mike has also spent years as an evening Professorial Lecturer at the Golden Gate University Graduate Tax School in San Francisco. Heads up Boomers! This is valuable information!
In this interview Mike Foor answers the following questions:
- When is the best time to bring a real estate agent into the process when looking to buy or sell a home?
- What are the important questions to ask and factors to consider when hiring a real estate agent?
- You have a very diverse professional background which allows you to provide additional services to your clients. What other services do you provide beyond buying or selling properties?
- What upgrades are the most important when preparing a house for sale?
- People’s homes are often their most valuable asset. Do you recommend people talk to a real estate agent as part of their estate planning process?
- A lot of us baby boomers are hitting retirement age and beyond. What are the trends that you see with baby boomers and real estate?
- What are the biggest mistakes that we boomers make with real estate?
- A lot of us boomers are experiencing a change in our income. What are some of the options that us boomers can use to access or leverage their home equity?
- What are the benefits and pitfalls of using a reverse mortgage?
- A lot of us boomers find themselves thinking of smaller homes which require less maintenance. What advice would you give to baby boomers looking to downside their homes?
- Do you have any parting advice that you would like to share with your fellow boomers?
Leave a Reply